Dear residents of Rooksdown,
We have been made aware and received reports of thirteen theft of number plates that belong to resident’s vehicles in the areas of Gillies Drive, Nightingale Gardens, Park Prewitt Road, Watertower Way and Vespasian Gardens. These thefts are suspected to have occurred overnight between the hours of 02:30 and 03:30 on Sunday 4th November 2018.
We are asking residents within Rooksdown but in particular the mentioned areas to check their vehicles and make sure that they have not fallen victim to this as well. Please also report to 101 or via our website quoting reference number 44180414177 if you have become victim to these thefts and have not reported as yet.
If anyone has any CCTV within these areas please check them to see if any identifiable persons can be seen. If anyone has any further information regarding these thefts then please contact 101 quoting reference number 44180414177.
Below you can find some crime prevention advice on thefts from motor vehicles:
- When leaving your car, close all windows and lock your car.
- Upon locking your vehicle try your car door to ensure it is actually locked.
- Park your car in an attended car park.
- Look for public car parks approved by the Park Mark scheme.
- When parking at home, use your garage. If you don't have a garage, park in a well-lit area.
- Don't leave anything on display in your vehicle.
- Take all your personal possessions with you.
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens.
- Leave the glove box open to show there's nothing inside.
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car (More information about alarms can be found on the Thatcham and Sold Secure websites).
- Record the details of your property on the Immobilise website.
- Secure your wheels using locking wheel nuts.
Police Community Support Officer 16344
Basingstoke Neighbourhood Policing Team
South Ham, Buckskin, Winklebury and Rooksdown
For the Victim of Crime Information Pack click here
Please click the link & sign up to Hampshire Alerts: www.hampshirealert.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter @Basingstokecops
Please click for useful links