There has been a theft from vehicle reported to Police between dates/times 11/07/2018 14:00 - 11/07/2018 14:05 in the Horndean area. The local neighbourhood policing team will remain committed to supporting victims of crime and targeting offenders.
Locations of Recent Theft from Vehicles: Blendworth Lane
Please read our advice below:
- Try to park in sign-posted parking areas.
- Be cautious about parking your car in isolation. Thieves can be put off when other people are around.
- Do not leave anything in your vehicle. A jacket or coat left behind may be of very little value to you, but a thief may think it has been used to hide a laptop or handbag and will break into your vehicle to find out.
- Take items with you rather than locking them in the boot, you can’t be sure who has seen you.
- Before you leave home, think about what you need and leave any unnecessary items of value at home.
- Make sure you do not leave documents which have your personal details on in your vehicle.
- Do not leave your sat-nav in your vehicle and don’t forget to remove the cradle and wipe the sucker marks from your windscreen.
- Remember to shut all windows and sunroofs and lock all doors. Activate the alarm and immobiliser. Make use of any security products you might have such as steering locks.
- Whilst enjoying the sights make sure you keep your bag and possessions with you.
Please ensure you are vigilant at all times, calling police to report any suspicious activity, not just around your own property but anything suspicious in your residential area and community. In an emergency use 999 or 101 for non-emergency. It is not too late to report any suspicious activity to police.