We have received four reports of garage breaks between 1445 on 12/09/17 and 0845 on 13/09/17. These incidents have occurred in the areas of Winchester Road, Mitchell Drive, Epsom Close and Ridgeway Close.
Did you see or hear anything that could assist us with our enquiries? No matter how small or unimportant it may seem it could help.
Please contact us on 101 or via email: email@example.com
Quote crime reference number: 44170354396, 44170354402, 44170354444, 44170354466
Please be aware of garage and shed breaks occurring in Fair Oak and Bishopstoke and remain vigilant. Your local neighbourhood policing team are fully aware of these incidents and will continue to conduct regular patrols. However, there are certain measures you can take to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim yourself, such as:
• Fit an alarm to your garage or shed – most DIY stores stock battery- operated alarms suitable for this purpose.
• Always mark the property you keep in your garage or shed with your postcode – this will help identification if they are stolen and then recovered. Keep a list of property with photographs. Register your property on www.immobilise.com.
• Make sure your garage or shed is fitted with a good strong lock, padlock, door hinges or other security device such as a Garage Defender.
• Make sure items inside the garage or shed are secure – large items can be padlocked together or you could sink a post into the floor of the garage and padlock items to the post.
• Always remember to lock your garage or shed after use.
• Do not store large quantities of valuables in your garage and shed.
• Keep property and fencing in good repair and ensure that foliage and trees are kept trimmed.
• Check with your insurance company that you are covered for items stored in your garage or shed.
Please report any suspicious activity to the police on 101 or anonymously via the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.
PCSO 15927 Lucinda Mack