The Police
Message Type Icon

How to report incidents of Parking Contravention

Hi Resident,


You are being sent this message as you have completed a Let's Talk survey recently and have identified Parking as one of the main issues affecting you where you live.


You can report issues directly to your local council (note there are different links depending on where you live) 

Hampshire County Council - Report a parking contravention | Hampshire County Council (hants.gov.uk)

Isle of Wight - https://www.iow.gov.uk/transport-and-parking/parking/general-parking/report-a-contravention/ 


Portsmouth City Council - https://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/services/parking-roads-and-travel/parking/ 


Southampton City Council - https://www.southampton.gov.uk/travel-transport/report-issue/parking-offence/ 


These links will allow you to report on street parking contraventions.  Be aware that not all reports will result in a visit, but each will be reviewed and a decision made based on available resources. 


For urgent issues outside office hours, call 101, and in cases of imminent danger, call 999.




Insp Antony Botten

Reply to this message

Message Sent By
Antony Botten
(Hampshire and Isle of Wight Constabulary, Inspector , Strategic Area Policing)

Neighbourhood Alert Cyber Essentials